Thursday, September 17, 2009

List

I like making lists. A lot. For someone as seemingly un-tidy and ungrounded as I, the simple pleasure of making a list, regardless of subject, thrills me. I'm trying to think of other things I like as much, and can only come up with

-office supply stores
-watching someone enjoy food I made (specifically baked goods)
-writing in cursive on a chalk board
-intentionally breaking my own ceramics
-watching Laura sweep filth under Maryse's oven
-making friends with unfamiliar animals when they shy away from others. That feels like the best victory ever.

In the spirit of that, I'm going to blatantly steal an idea from Laura's blog, and post MY goals for this coming year in Bordeaux:

-trip to Scandinavia with Laura and Randall [Copenhagen, Stolkholm / Uppsala, Helsinki. Hopefully this will include my life-long dream of seeing the Aurora Borealis.
-weekly trips to the marché à St. Michel
-climb the tower in Pey Berland
-go to St. Emilion
-trip to Barcelona
-trip to Berlin
-trip to MOSCOW
-not start smoking
-expand my baguette horizons
-apply to Oxford and Cambridge - and get in
-buy chèvre at Chartrons
-not go to the Frog and Rosbif - ever.
-make more soup
-bake regularly with Laura
-hang out with Manu more
-buy a belt at the Moroccan leather place
-not get a terrible hair cut ever again
-see Laurence.

2 comments:

LBM said...

That is a lovely list! I look forward to helping you cross certain things off it :)

mananas said...

What she said!!!