A lot of weird shit happens in Bordeaux / France / my life here.
But yesterday might've taken the cake. My amigas Laura and Kate came over to my apartment yesterday afternoon to do some trip planning for our voyage to Spain later this month (!!!) and we passed several hours alternately reading hostel reviews and eating cookies on my floor with computers in our laps. It was fun, necessary, and impressively productive. We drank mint tea, listened to Enrique Iglesias' Greatest Hits, and oohed and aaahed appreciatively at Spain's "Bargain Basement" prices. Hostels for €10/a night. Tapas tours. Free pancakes!
We were mid-planning when I heard a weird knocking sound that seemed to be coming from the other half of the apartment. It was loud and aggressive. I heard it once, twice, a third different sound, and right after I said "did you two hear that? It sounds like Erin might be closing something...?" my windows (BOTH SETS) burst open and a 20-something dude's face was in my room. What. The. Fuck. As in he stuck his head through the window into my room. What. The. Fuck. I'm not sure I've ever felt so surprised. His head was completely shaved, and he watched us excitedly for a second as we registered what had just happened. Now that I think about it, he almost looked delighted at the effects of his handiwork. He said something stupid like "ça va?" and mumbled some other shit. I was too stunned to do anything other than gape at my friends. I cannot impress upon you, dear readers, how fucking weird this was.
Laura had the presence of mind to get up, walk to the other side of my (fairly small) room, and say "GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!" (Yes. In English.) while attempting to close the windows. He put his hand up to stop her, but she was determined.
Thank you, Miss Laura. I'd probably be still sitting on my floor staring, blood frozen and eyes buggy.
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment