Let’s make it happen.
Last year’s debacle had many, many contenders for best WTF Are We Doing Moment, including but not limited to the fact that my cooking partner in crime was in fact British, but I think top honors go to two Bordelais moments:
Laura cooking two chickens in a toaster oven and then transporting them via bicycle to cook further at Kate’s apartment, where they didn’t fit and had to be done diagonally.
Kate purchasing, obtaining, and hauling a king-sized French toaster oven on the tram for Thanksgiving dinner. A miracle if ever there were one. We sat things on top of said toaster in lieu of a microwave. It was awesome.
I really out-mom’ed myself last year and asked all of my Thanksgiving
Last year, this year, and every year:
I am grateful for finding family wherever I go.
I mean it. While there may only be three places regularly set at my mom’s table, my family is so much bigger.
Thank you for being part of it.
love,
anya
(stolen from Laura)

1 comment:
Hmmmm, I tried to post a comment, but it didn't work. So sorry if you get a version of this twice.
But awwwww! I was just thinking of this last night. Then the following week we turned the leftover chicken into a pot pie, and that was the start of our Wednesday dinners. Love! I miss you cherie. Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment