Whoops. I almost forgot.
Uña's Bonne Chose du Jour:
French kids are the cutest. Something about how they all dress better than I do, and have the most adorable glasses. I spent a large part of the day at the Jardin Public, taking in the sun's sweet rays (with sunscreen applied - don't worry, Mom) and people-watching. A little boy (toddler) had stolen a little girl's ball and was kicking it around. He kicked it towards us, and when he heard us speaking not French, just stared. Like his mind had been blown. He tottered off, and a few seconds later, stopped dead in his tracks, turned back towards us, and just gaped. Funniest moment of the day.
Also: my friend Kate and I went to a morning market yesterday for pizza and macarons and spent a few hours watching three or four French families have a "pique-nique," laden with razor scooters and small children. We watched a particularly interesting moment where French Papas 1, 2, and 3 demonstrated to their offspring just how one opens an oyster. They all had these little oyster knives and silver oyster forks. It was just SO. FRENCH. Funny manly moment. Kate and I tried to think of an American equivalent, and we came up with Billy's First Lawn Mowing, and Billy's First Cook Out. Thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment