Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Iznik, yo.

I'm sick as a dog. So sick that I was actually sent home when I showed up to work today. My brain feels like it's made of cheese, and not in an awesome, delicious way. However, there is a plus side to a sick day. I got to come home, drink a pot of tea, and while away the beautiful weather outside in my cave of a bedroom reading a fabulous book, Au Revoir to All That. It's about the decline of French food, French culture, and French politics. And it's hilarious. And supremely well-written.

I also got to reflect on the awesome emails you guys have sent me. Really. I have no idea who reads this blog for the most part, and I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to receive messages of support and love after I press "publish post" from friends I didn't know knew about my blog.

Another perk for today was having the time (albeit fuzzy, delirious time) to go through some of the pictures I took this weekend for my barely alive Etsy site. Despite my extended hiatus in posting new things, I've actually been making stuff. A lot of stuff. I asked my boss if he would consider selling some of my cards and he was shockingly enthusiastic about the idea. So I've been quietly busy designing and printing some travel-themed paper goods, and as soon as my custom business stamp arrives in the mail this weekend, I'll be making my debut at the big DL. Oh boy.

Here's a preview of something I just posted on Etsy. I actually carved this block for my mom as a mother's day card several weeks ago now, but I've been told by my family and a few friends at work that it should be brought to the masses.



and the listing, if you're curious.

Back to my cheesy delirium...
love,
anya

No comments: